Thursday, January 19, 2012

Its that time again

Mason is back to acting up again, but this time it is worse than ever. We all anticipated there to be a set back after the first round of Holidays without Mike but none of us anticipated it to be this bad. Little guy has SO MUCH anger! I think everything is finally sinking in with him. He is starting to truly understand that he will never see his dad again. He has gotten so bad at school that I am at a loss on what to do. It is no longer him just being verbally mean but he has gotten physically mean too. Physical with both his friends AND teachers. He gets several red and yellow cards a DAY! This kid is out of control!!!So I hate to admit when I cant help my own child but I need help! So I finally decided to put Mason back in play therapy. This time though, I am going with someone else! I did not click at all with the last lady and I dont think she did any good with Mason. So I met with someone who I actually went to high school with and have not seen since. She is now a play therapist and I have to admit that I am so excited about this! She has about 20 years less experience than the previous therapist Mason saw....yet she has a thousand times more knowledge. I met with her for about 45 minutes to tell her the story with Mason and she gave me so many good ideas on how to handle different situations. It's funny because I thought I was doing so many things right yet turns out not so much. Its not like I am doing anything wrong, I just could be handling things better. I easily forget that Mason is only four and can't process things the way an adult would. Anyways, she teaches parenting classes too so I will be taking some of those to help learn the techniques of play therapy to do at home. I am excited for Mason to start his sessions too and I really hope they help him. I hate to see all this anger built up inside such a typically happy child. Keeping my fingers crossed that this is exactly what Mason needs!

No comments:

Post a Comment