Thursday, December 10, 2009

Hot Springs, AR

Sorry I havent posted in forever, finals are this weeks so its been pretty hectic! Last weekend me and 3 girl friends of mine went to Hot Springs, AR for a fun girls weekend! I had so much fun and it was so relaxing, just what I needed!! We left Friday morning around 6 am! At least one person stayed awake at all times to keep me company while I was driving so that was nice!

Alex was sleeping when we took this picture! She slept for most of the drive both ways haha

Before we went to the condo we decided to do some horse back riding!! IN 30 DEGREE WEATHER! Yes we were a little frozen, or a lot, but I loved it!


Our guide was a 40 year old man whose twang was so bad that we couldnt understand half of what he said. Which was difficult considering he talked the ENTIRE time! All about himself!! He has a 20 year old daughter and a 16 year old son. And a girlfriend who is 18 and has a 5 month old baby...but dont worry because her having a baby didnt scare him off at all! Haha. Then we found out about his ex wife stealing some of his horses and yada yada yada. So his whole head is shaved...except for a Horizontal line on the bottom by his neck! So strange! So it was definitely an interesting ride but still so fun!! My horse kept trying to bite Shaunas horses butt! And her horse kicked mine!!! Then mine started freaking out so I therefore starting freaking out! The last thing I wanted was to get bucked!! And the guide just says oh wow I have never seen Shaunas horse kick yours before and laughs! And then he proceeds on!!! Meanwhile my horse is giving me and every other horse the evil eye! Super scary!!

So we spent that night in downtown hotsprings! They have a winery we visited and then we just shopped around all the shops. Everything was decorated for Christmas and I loved it!

One store had some wigs and we just couldnt resist!

The next morning we went to the "Buckstaff Bathouse" for our day at the spa....

Here is the place at night all lit up!

You are not allowed to take pictures there but I had to sneak one in...

They wrap you in a toga and you are completely naked underneath! The first thing they do is take you to a bathtub, they are all lined up but with little walls/curtains, covering each one. They tell you to drop the toga and get in...then they start to scrub your legs and arms and back! So immediately your stark naked getting scrubbed in a tub!!! AWKWARD!!! So after you sit in there for a while they put the toga back on you and bring you to the sitz bath. Its a little bath were your legs hang over. Kinda different but whatever. Then you get into this steam thing that is like an oven but your head sticks out. On Casper the fat ghost sits in it and comes out super skinny which is all I could think about when I was in it! haha. Then you lay on a table and get hot towels wrapped around you. After about ten minutes of that you go into a needle shower...which mine was like 500 degree water shooting out at me! That lasted all of five seconds before I said No More! Then you go and get a 20 minute massage! My massage lady was super nice but was a little too into my butt! She kept going back to massaging it and would not leave it alone!! So all in all it was an experience I wont forget! And all for only $55!!!!!!!

After that we just shopped some more and then hung out at the condo playing games and watching Fa La La La Lifetime! My favorite!! We didnt get any more pics of that night unfortunately! The next morning we headed back home around 10.

Adios Condo!!

We stopped at Cracker Barrel for Breakfast which was the first time I have ever eaten there! Sooo yummy! Definitely going back!
I had such a good weekend with some amazing girls and I cant wait to do something like this again!

No comments:

Post a Comment