Friday, November 6, 2009

Eli Young Band


So this morning I was listening to the Eli Young Band in my car. They are my all time favorite band. They are from Denton and I remember seeing them play in a small bar there before they made it big and I fell in love! I can listen to every single one of their songs on replay over and over and over. There are four songs that really stick out to me though.

The first one is Small Town Kid. This song can put me in the best mood! I just love the beat to this song and no matter how crappy I feel if I put this song on I instantly smile!

The second in So Close Now. This song fits me perfectly! If you know me at all then you know that Texas is not where I belong! This song is all about getting ready to move and how the town that I know isn't good for me. Every time I start the ball rolling in my plan to move something comes up and keeps me here. Right now its my son. I know if I move us away I wont be able to give him all that I can give him here. But in the next year or two I plan on having that all change and Finally making the move out of Texas!

The third song is When It Rains. This song is about how when your sad its good to see that the world is sad and crying too. Its just an awesome song that I absolutely love!!!

The final song is Enough is Enough. This song sums up my life a few years ago. Its about being in a relationship where you just cant count on that person at all. There is a line in this song about how the hardest part in leaving was not knowing what I would become. And how only sleepless nights and God have shown how strong I can be on my own. This is so true for my case! I have learned more about me and who I am and how strong I am in the last year than I ever have before!

So thats my post for today! Go listen to their songs because they really are amazing!!!

1 comment:

  1. Eli Young Band is great! Just showing my love :P When it Rains is my fave. <3

    ReplyDelete