Monday, November 23, 2009

Your Fired!!

Thank Goodness blogging every day isnt my job!! I would be fired for sure! So this weekend was such an amazing weekend! Friday night I went out with friends to the Neiman Marcus lighting in Downtown Dallas. It rained a little so it was not crowded AT ALL! We were not about to let a little rain ruin our night! We went to dinner at the Iron Cactus first and decided with a group our size we would just sit outside instead of waiting for a table. We didnt really think it would rain on us!!!





Notice that despite the umbrellas and jackets everyone is still smiling and having such a great time!!



Mary and I didnt have an umbrella with us so we decided putting napkins over our head was our best bet! I dont know how much that really helped though....
This is Stacie and Shauna. These lovely ladies are in my community group and they are actually my accountability partners also! I absolutely love them!
So despite all the rain that poured on us it was a very successful night! It made me realize how much I love downtown and I need to hop on the dart way more often and spend some time out there!
Saturday morning we participated in WestBless. We went to West Dallas bright and early and picked up trash and invited everyone that lived there to a big lunch cookout that one of the churches down there was throwing. I was surprised at just how nice and welcoming everyone was! West Dallas is the 10th poorest place in the NATION!!! Not just TEXAS but the NATION! It was a really awesome experience and I look forward to doing it again! I will post pictures later once I get them!

No comments:

Post a Comment